Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You Paint Portrait Kemosabe?

American Hero #2, oil on linen, 2.5" X 1.5", ©copyright Richard Luschek 2012
This painting is the next in a series of toy portraits I recently began. I have a nice set of little oval frames I have been wanting to fill. The first portrait was of  G. I. Joe. This one is a large Tonto action figure I played with as a child. I also had the Lone Ranger, but I think he was a casualty of our dog Sherman.
The Tonto survived unharmed. There are two more of these portraits almost done that I will be posting sometime soon.

Kind of fun to work on a scale where you can have the whole painting laid in after five minutes.
You can see the plight of the American Indian in his plastic eyes.
American Hero # 2, with subject posing in the background.

No comments: