Thursday, December 2, 2010

Panorama of Cincinnati Art XXV

A panorama is any wide-angle view or representation of a physical space, whether in painting, drawing, photography, film/video, or a three-dimensional model.

I am honored to have been selected for Cincinnati Art Galleries 25th anniversary Panarama of Cincinnati Art.


 Father and Son (diptych)-22x28- oil on linen 
 

There are two reasons I am sure this show will be fantastic. For one thing the title ends in -orama. Secondly, most of the paintings are by the "Old Masters" of Cincinnati painting. The list includes Edward Potthast, Joseph Sharp, and John Weis.  This is an Artorama of great art by wonderful dead painters. I have been quite vocal of my support for and love of dead painters. They have done the best art in the Western world and it is a club I hope to be part of in the future. In fact I have pretty much  guaranteed it

The opening is this Friday. It cost $100 a person and will benefit the Museum Center. Now as much as I think it is completely fair for you to have to pay money to see my work, you can check Panorama for free the rest of the month. If you buy my paintings a percentage also goes to help the Museum Center. It's for a good cause. If you do go to the opening, I imagine  there will be wine and cheese. I don't know if there will be entertainment, but for the 25th anniversary, if it were up to me, we would celebrate Panorama with the band Bananarama. That would be incredible.

Anyway, below is the information about the show.



Panorama of Cincinnati Art XXV
Over 100 works
by Cincinnati's most famous artists 
from 1850 to the Now.

Opening Reception Friday, December 3rd from 5:00 - 8:00pm
$100 per person (payable to Cincinnati Museum Center)
Located at 225 East 6th Street, Cincinnati OH
Please call Sarah at 513-381-2128 for reservations
*Ticket sales as well as a portion of all painting sales during the month of December will benefit Cincinnati Museum Center. The exhibition and sale will open free to the public Saturday, December 4th and will continue through December 31st. All items can be viewed on our website after December 3rd at www.cincyart.com Color catalog will be available for $20.

No comments: