Thursday, January 15, 2009

Color study

I wanted to post a second painting I am setting up based on the design and idea of my latest still life with the coffee and cigar. It is a similar scene but more like what you might see at the other end of the table where the son is sitting. So, coffee is replaced with chocolate milk, cigar with candy bar, newspaper with comic books and matches with baseball cards.
I did this quick color sketch on my nintendo DS, and then gave it the proper cropping in photoshop. I think I am in a bit too tight, but I think it could be a cute still life.
I stuck it next to the other still life for comparison.

original painting next to the digital color study

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should leave the cigar in the kiddy version to make people think.

T

Richard J. Luschek II said...

To think about what, child abuse?

You do realize my goal is to sell these right?