Monday, February 21, 2011

Honkin' Frames

Soldier at the Crossroads, 5x3, oil on linen, 2010, ©Richard Luschek 2011 





























I just had some new frames made for some of my smaller works. Having shown small paintings in tiny frames, the work seems to just get lost on the wall. They need something more substantial. I have even had galleries refuse to show smaller work for fear of them being shop lifted. So, some big, heavy, honkin' frames should prevent that. Lately I have been moving a bit more towards wood frames for my still life paintings.

I am really enjoying the wood frames I have been getting from local framer Joe Stewart.

Espresso with Pink, 5x3, oil on wood, ©Richard Luschek 2011      



















The above frames are both 4" profiles and are pretty substantial in thickness. They are made from quarter sawn oak with a nice deep finish. I think these frames have a simple Arts and Crafts feel to them and work well with the typical decor of today.
Joe has a few classic looking profiles to choose from and can pretty much do any color or finish you are looking for. He can even do multi-paneled frames and some custom work. 
He is great to work with, turn around time is quick and they are very affordable. Order your Honkin' Frames today. Contact Rottinghaus Frames to order some Joe Stewart frames of your own.

Both of these paintings in their fancy new frames are now on view at:

Rottinghaus Custom Framing (513) 871-3662

1983 Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45208

Normal business hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.

No comments: