Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

I finally finished my peanut better jelly painting, started about the same time as the snickers bar painting. Interestingly the Wonder Bread in the still life was purchased in early November. I had the bread for a while before I even set up the painting. It has been set up for about two months, and over 6 months later there is no mold on the bread at all. The sandwich I made and took a bite out of for this still life looks pretty much the same as it did the day I set it up. The peanut butter faded a bit, but it seemed almost edible. There must be a preservative or two in there. This was one of my favorite meals when I was a kid. Consuming all of those preservatives must be why I am so healthy and covered in head to toe in rippling muscles.
I resisted the temptation to eat the sandwich when I was finished- it went in the garbage. I have a loaf of bread that is missing only two slices. If anyone is interested you can give me a call. If you buy the painting I will throw the loaf of bread in for free.

The painting is now in the window at Rottinghaus Gallery in O'Bryonville if you want to rush down to purchase it. As soon as it was placed in the window it seemed to draw interest. People walking by were stopping to check it out.
I was also standing in the gallery window at the time, so maybe it was me they were checking out. You know, all those rippling muscles.


P B & J, 18 x 15, Oil on Linen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have given the bread to McDonald's to pass along to anyone who asked them to Supersize their lunch...perfect!

Anonymous said...

O'Bryonville is the spelling, if you really cared you take the time to check your fact jerk