Friday, April 5, 2013

Colors and Knowledge (Spring Landscape Class)

In one week my Spring Landscape class will begin.

Plein-Air Landscape Painting
 Sat., 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM; 4/13/2013 - 6/1/2013
8 wks; $199.00 supplies are the student's responsibility.
Location: First class meets at artist's studio in Eden Park; then at various parks thereafter 
 Click here to register for the class.

A few things you should know about my class. This dog did not take my class and his painting is the proof. I know he looks proud, but this painting is terrible.


One thing that you will learn in my class is how to use an easel to hold your painting while you work.


I will not be holding your painting for you. Honestly, I am not sure who is smarter in the photo above: the horned painter or the human easel.

You will not be laying down to paint. I mean, how lazy do you have to be? We will learn to stand- upright on two legs- so we can step back from our work and see the whole painting along with our subject thus making the best decisions.  
We will not be using black. I will suggest a chromatic and efficient selection of paints for our landscape paintings. This guy will never be an Impressionist.  Not a bad likeness though.
In all seriousness, it is a good class for both beginners and painters with some experience. I am very hands on and teach to each individuals level of experience.
Comment here or email me if you have any questions.


No comments: