Friday, January 31, 2014

At Least My Painting is Warm

I was honored to have one of my paintings selected for a show in Florida. I would have loved to travel down with the paining to get out of this miserable winter we are having, but alas I could not.

The show it the 9th Biennial National Art Exhibition and is one of the nation's most prestigious juried exhibits of traditional 2-dimensional media. Juror Carl Samson, nationally-acclaimed portrait painter, selected 130 pieces out of over 450 entries from 27 states for the "9th Biennial National Art Exhibition" at the Visual Art Center in Punta Gorda, FL. The exhibition opens this Saturday, February 1 and closes March 9th.
The Late Night, 13"x9", oil on linen, 2011, ©Richard Luschek

I also found out my piece was honored with an award as well, which is pretty exciting. If you need a vacation- drive on down and see the show and buy a prize winning painting.
Visual Art Center
210 Maud Street
Punta Gorda, FL 33950

Here is a blog post about the painting of this piece.

No comments: