Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring like figure session

Nude Study #2, Oil on canvas (with a bad landscape painting), 12 x 9, ©copyright Richard Luschek 2012
I decided to do some painting tonight during our Tuesday night sketch group. Thought I would start by showing the second painting, which I did on top of an unsuccessful landscape painting. Took about 45 minutes and I would have loved to have had a bit more time. The drawing is not great but I was pretty happy with the color.
We had a lovely model tonight and I had hoped to get some good work. The first painting was done in natural light, but that one did not work. I have a shot of how it looked after I unified it with a rag and turpentine.
 Sometimes paintings just need to go away.
Nude study #1- improved, oil on turpentine on canvas, 14 x 11, ©copyright Richard Luschek 2012

No comments: