Monday, May 30, 2011

Upcoming Shows

Happy Memorial Day.
I have a few current and upcoming shows I thought I should mention.

Manifest Gallery
2727 Woodburn Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio
7th Annual MAGNITUDE 7
Drawing Room and Parallel Space Gallery
Exhibit continues: May 28 - June 24, 2011 
 
Every year Manifest calls for little works of art from around the world. Each exhibit brings in hundreds of powerful yet diminutive masterpieces for our jury to consider. Inevitably we end up with a gallery full of diverse, compelling, and exquisite little gems. Manifest’s patrons eagerly await the Magnitude 7 event, thrilling to discover the variety and charm of so many little creative treasures.
We are delighted to offer this annual exhibit of works no larger than seven inches in any dimension - our collection of visual haiku.
For this seventh incarnation of the project 349 artists submitted 801 works for consideration by Manifest's rigorous jury process. Forty-one works by the following 24 artists from 15 states and the Bahamas, Canada, and China were selected for presentation in the gallery and catalog. Works on view throughout two galleries will include paintings, mixed media, drawings, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, digital drawing, and more.
401 East 4th Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 

University Club of Cincinnati
401 East 4th Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Above is an illustration I did for the last show I was in at the University Club. My lovely wife Laura posed for the personification of art and beauty for the cover of the catalog. I did portraits of all the artist as well- my profile pic on this blog is one of those portraits. 

It is a great place to show work and it has a great history. I also get to wear a tux to the opening.  I will have around ten paintings in the show.


This is a group show that opens on the June 4th. The opening is for members only, but after that you can visit the show at the club down town. As it is a private club, they have a dress code. I think men need a jacket to get in the club. Don't drop in without a shirt wearing flip flops. I suggest you call first- 513- 721-2600.
This show will feature other noted Cincinnati Artists, Jeff Gandert- current artist in residence of the club, Carl Samson, Bruce Petrie and Clem Robins. 
The club also has a wonderful permanent collection- I think they even have a painting by my buddy in the photo below. I think this show will run for about 2 months.


Duveneck & Friends
Cincinnati Art Galleries
 Here is a very nice photo of Duveneck and I. We will be showing together downtown. It really is quite and honor to show with Mr. Duveneck. 

225 East Sixth Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
(513) 381-2128 
A show of select paintings from Cincinnati Art Club members.
I will have a diptych in this show- two small still life paintings. The Club will also display several Duveneck paintings from the permanent collection. 

The opening is June 10th, 5 to 8 pm. The show runs through July 8th. 

No comments: