Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Packing for a Show

A Monster Attacks at Breakfast, 22" x26", oil on linen, 2010

I finally finished and signed my newest painting. This painting was a bit of a struggle, I almost quit after a week and ended up putting it on hold for over a month. I did a few paintings in the mean time. After the holidays I got charged up and finished it in a few days.
I like to take photos of the work as it develops. I have about 18 photos of the painting as it progressed. In my next post I will show all the steps involved in this picture- except for the temper tantrums, though honestly they would be entertaining. You can see from the first post on this painting, I has gone through quite a journey.

The Monster painting will be part of still life show opening in a few weeks. This week I am busy packing up about 18 of my paintings to deliver to The University of Saint Francis in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The show will have the work of 4 other painters, including my good friend Jonathan Queen.

Objects of Interest: Five Contemporary Still-Life ArtistsJanuary 22, 2011 – February 27, 2011
Opening Reception: January 22, 2011; 7-9pm
This exhibition will feature five artists working in the genre of still-life painting. David Carpenter (Bloomington), Andrew Conklin (Chicago), Richard Luschek (Cincinnati), Helen Oh (Chicago),
and Jonathan Queen (Cincinnati). Each artist will bring a slightly different and unique approach
to the tradition of still-life.

2701 Spring Street   Fort Wayne, Indiana 46808       call for info 260.399.7999

No comments: