Saturday, June 26, 2010

New Paintings on Display

I just dropped off some new work at the Rottinghaus Gallery in O’Bryonville.
I have a Cincinnati Reds painting in the window in addition to some new still life and landscape work.

 This new painting of some summer vegetables was a bit of a struggle and has a lovely story to go with it, but I will talk about that later. Just to peak your interest I will tell you it involves a temper tantrum.
A local frame shop that went out of business has been selling off their supply. Many of the frames are unfinished and need repair. I have been buying a lot of them and then I just paint something to fit the frame. I have stacks of small frames, many around 3" x 5". That, along with the fact that my wife has been growing some amazing roses in the garden this year, have resulted in my doing a lot of small flower pictures, attempting to do one a day before I start on my larger work. I have five of these rose pictures that I think would look good hung as a group.

The gallery hours are 11- 4 Wednesday thru Saturday.

No comments: