Thursday, May 31, 2007

Manifest Show

This little painting of stuff I recently cleaned out of my parents attic was juried into a show at a Manifest Gallery. While it is my baseball, I think the truck is my brother's. I took everything that I thought would make good still life junk. The painting is pretty small at 4x6.
Here is the info if you want to stop by to see the show:
3rd Annual Magnitude Seven Exhibit of Small Art Works [Opening Friday 8 June @ 6-10 PM]: Juried, 50 small works by 30 artists from 14 states & the UK. Works in a wide variety of media including sculpture, fibers, printmaking, photography, painting, drawing, mixed media, & collage. Small works are very portable & fit well into many spaces. They evoke a sense of one's own physicality, in a completely different way than larger works. Small works are intimate; inviting approach & inspection. Like short poetry, they are a challenge to craft with the same presence of their larger counterparts. The exhibit consists of works no larger than 7 inches in any dimension. Exhibit runs thru Friday 6 July. At Manifest Creative Research Gallery & Drawing Center, 2727 Woodburn Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45206. More info @ 513.861.3638, jason@manifestgallery.org, & www.manifestgallery.org.

No comments: